Ridley Terminals Under New Ownership

Kathy Brookes
12/24/2019

Prince Rupert's Ridley Terminals is now officially under new private ownership. 

Riverstone Holdings and AMCI Group make up 90% of the new ownership group, while the federal government transferred the remaining 10% to the Lax Kw'alaams Band and Metlakatla First Nation.

The shipping terminal, which handles coal, petroleum coke and now propane, was sold by the federal government in a deal announced in July. 

In a news release last Friday, Riverstone spokesperson Bartow Jones said this is a business-as-usual transition, but the release also says RTI has ambitious growth plans, which could include a second berth and improvements to its railcar unloading facility.

Mayor Garry Reece says Lax Kw'alaams' involvement is a significant part of building an economically sustainable future for his band and Metlakatla Chief Councillor Harold Leighton says they're building a strong future for their community as a major economic force in northwest B.C. 

Ridley Terminals had operated as a Crown corporation since it was built in the early 1980s. 

Use of this Website assumes acceptance of Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
© 2020     All rights reserved
2018 Bell Media