Residential fire in the Nechako neighbourhood leaves one person taken to hospital

Divya Gill 
12/15/2020

 
A house fire on Mallard Street in the Kitimat on Monday has left one person in hospital.

Sergeant Eric Black said a call was received from multiple residents in the area.

"There was another male involved in a nearby business who actually had seen the fire and he entered the residence and found a male needing assistance inside the house and assisted to get the male outside of the house who did suffer from smoke inhalation and transported to hospital."

Police say fire crews were on scene dealing with the fire for several hours, and several firefighters remained on scene afterward to make sure nothing reignited.

Black added the fire is not suspicious and looks to be a cooking fire.

Use of this Website assumes acceptance of Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
© 2021     All rights reserved
2018 Bell Media